Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Natives in Bloom/Fruit

I would really like to "bioblitz" my yard- identify as many of all species and keep a record. I'd probably start with trees (the fewest) and work my way down to herbaceous plants (being the most). I'd also like to do other things- mammals to invertebrates. I suppose blogging is close enough for now. I'm posting twice today- once on natives and another on the garden.

Long-sepal Penstemon
Penstemon calycosus
 Grey's Sedge
Carex grayi
 Downy Wood Mint
Blephilia ciliata
 Serviceberry
Amelanchier (need to look into species)
 Scarlet Honeysuckle
Lonicera sempervirens
 Virginia Sweetspire
Itea virginica
 Butterflyweed
Asclepias tuberosa
with Milkweed bug
 Indian pink
Spigelia marilandica
 Carolina Lupine
Thermopsis villosa
 Scarlet Elderberry
Sambucus racemosa
 Path Rush
Juncus tenius

No comments: